Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alabama move

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jazz Lover, Aug 12, 2005.

1. I may be moving to the Huntsville, Alabama area. Is anyone here from around there? If so, what info. will I need to make the transition on a musical level? ie best clubs, music stores, etc. I will also be looking for a university in the area if anyone has information on those.

Thanks,

John

2. Never been there, but sure to check out the Marshall Space Flight Center there. If you're into rocketry/NASA stuff, that is.

3. Well for starters... it's going to look like this. :smug:

[​IMG]

The closest music store I could find was T. Shepard's Discount Music...

There are four bars/clubs right where it says "Huntsville" on the picture... and a couple coffee houses too! ;)

There is also a Community College there...

4. Reggae Eric

Reggae Eric

Jun 24, 2005
    Alabama
    I live in the area... There are many clubs and music venues. Some of the best places are the Jazz Factory (downs stairs is a really fancy restaurant with big band jazz. Upstairs is a Martini/cigar bar with jazz, blues, and different types of acoustic music on the weekends. Humphries is a good place... music 7 nights a week. Sammy T's if you like 80's music...lol

Check out http://www.thetoe.cc It is a site of local bands, music, food, events, etc...

5. I just got around to checking up with this thread and wanted to thank those who have submitted info. and also see who else might have something to say. Right now my wife is in the running for a job in Huntsville and also one in Little Rock, Ar. Wherever she finds a job is where we go. I will post new developments as they develop.