Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RedGrange, Jan 6, 2006.

1. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Anyone on here from Birmingham or Tuscaloosa? I'm making a career move that might bring me down to that area...

It's been a number of years since I've been down that way... How is it?
  2. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    I don't live in T-town but I visit friends in college all the time. Simply put, it's a blast. All the time, any time.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

T-town is Tacoma, Washington. :D

4. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    :bag: sssshhhhhh.....quiet, don't let the frat guys hear you. They're pretty sensitive about the t-town thing.
  5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    You've had much better experiences up there than I have, then! Haven't hit the T-town since leaving for Ivan, and have no desire to return!
    To the original poster: Tuscaloosa isn't a bad place, I've just had more bad luck than good when visiting. B'ham can be a great place, however. They get some pretty decent touring acts coming through, and there's a pretty good live music scene, from what I understand.
  6. savell

Jul 16, 2007
    Hey RedGrange, did you ever move to Tuscaloosa?
  7. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Theres a lot of great musicians here in Birmingham, and plenty of gigs. Just considering bassists, Oteil Burbridge and Cleve Eaton are some heavy weights that live here. Theres this other guy named Richard Moten who's here too, havent heard him play yet but ive been told hes a monster upright player. I will say Katrina has brought a lot of transplants here, so theres quite a number of decent bass players here.
    By the way, I call Tuscaloosa T-town as well, and im not fratty. And if you ask me, all college towns are good for are the bar gigs, if you like playing till 2 or 3 am for drunk kids who wont even remember your bands name the next day.............:)