Alain Caron - ???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by quatre03, Feb 22, 2005.

1. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
  2. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hi, It's the song "D-Code" from his "Play" album with "Le Band"... Great song!!! :hyper:
  3. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    cool, thanks alot, I have to pick a song to play for my Berklee Basslines class, i heard that song once and i knew i had to play it
  4. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Anytime dude!... Good Luck! :smug:
  5. Alain is the man! I'm waiting on two albums now. It's been over two weeks wait. I'm ordering the rest from audiophile instead of Alain's site. The shipping takes forever.........
  6. Just received Le Band and Rhythm N' Jazz today! Great stuff of course. Had to Go on Le Band is so amazing.....
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I got Alain Caron - 5 yesterday. AWESOME CD. Can't wait to pick up some more -- and I found out my jazz band leader has an hour long video of UZEB playing, so I'm gonna borrow that :D.
  8. Lucky!!
  9. Some of my favourite Alain Caron playing can be found on :-

Uzeb - World Tour 90

Although I'm not sure if this is still in print, worth getting hold of if possible.
  10. I'll look for that one, Nick!
  11. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Play and Rhythm & Jazz are my two favorites by Alain. He, of course, is who inspired me to buy an F Bass and work on more jazz type music. In fact Alain is a big inspiration to me in general. If I could be so lucky to possess an 1/8th of his talent I would be a happy guy. :hyper:

Speaking of D Code, can anyone venture an idea if Alain is using any effects on the solo? He had this same tone on Donna Lee from the Rhythm & Jazz CD.

Also, I was just wondering if anyone here would know if he is using an octive device on Slam the Clown?

Maybe I should pose this question in :confused: or ???
  12. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    just to dig up an old thread. i just downloaded 5 from iTunes after sampling some of Alains stuff. all i can say is Wow! i really like his work. its kinda jazzy without being over the top jazz and he is a really great bassist without being overly flashy.
  13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile