1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alain Caron's 'D-Code' by Stuart Clayton

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by stuart clayton, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

Thought you all might like to see a new video which I recorded a few days ago. It's 'D-Code' by Alain Caron, which I've working on for a few months.

Hope you like it!

Stu

2. ACalbass

ACalbass

Dec 16, 2011
    Excellent
    Now I want to play that song,see what you did?

3. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    that was great. I really enjoyed it.

4. Holy **** balls dude. How does one write something that ridiculous. And how does one sit down and learn something that ridiculous?!? That blew me away man. I've never been able to get the double thumb thing down and I don't have any gigs that would ever call for that kind of technique. But you just made me want to spend hours working on it. That was killer man. Good ****!

5. Thanks, really pleased you all like it! In terms of learning a piece like this, I've found it's all about having the right instrument for the job, and I was never able to get Alain's awesome slap technique together until I got the Bogart bass seen in the video. I can't imagine any gigs that would require double thumbing, and it's true that it is a technique that is surplus to requirements much of the time. But it's a bit of fun!

Cheers
    Stuart

6. ACalbass

ACalbass

Dec 16, 2011
    Stuart
    I am finding out the tricky part for me happen to be the divisions for the second part,which happen to be two different time divisions for it.
    But hey,as you said it is really fun to learn it and play it.
    I just hope my band's drummer is up to play it (didn't mention it yet but played the first part at rehearsal and he instantly get hooked),sax player is already up for it.
    For this song,as you mentioned,the instrument is important (I use an Ibanez that does the work well),but also the tone,there is a need to find out clarity on the low notes,and not all amps can deliver.
    I will record something from rehearsals for you to listen.
    For me the fun begin when I can play it with the band.
    I have to thank you for introducing me to this tune.

7. MrUsefulAlien

MrUsefulAlien

Jun 10, 2011
    Prague, CZ
    That was awesome! Well done!