Alain Caron's F Bass on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TimothyGroovy, Jan 14, 2005.

1. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
  2. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I definitely wouldn't buy it.
  3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    It's funny that you would mention such a historic instrument, seeing as how I have played it and can firmly report that not only is it a special lady, but it made me play exactly like Alain Caron, and I suddenly found myself executing wild outlandish bebop phrases while scatting along in French at the same time, and I DON'T KNOW A FRIGGIN WORD OF FRENCH!!!!!
    By the way, I don't know if this is appropriate in this particular forum, but I am currently in the process of selling to crapped out fenders. One is a P-bass that says "funk" on the inset of the neck plate, and the other is called the bass of doom. Both for $100 dollars
  4. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Hylarious... 20.000 > you must be nuts to buy it :eyebrow:
  5. hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    Does it come with that issue of Bass Player Magazine? I also like the pictures of Alain Caron - one of him just sitting there and playing a different bass in the other. Judging by the scratch in the finish on the signed non-headstock pic, maybe he should have given some better pictures of the body? Actually, it looks pretty beaten on in the pics provided...
  6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    It looks like it has some kind of synth thingie on it. What are those couple of extra knobs, and that bridge looks like the upper two strings are a little different than the bottom four.
  7. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    It originally had a head stock before it snapped off from my "furioso" slap licks!
  8. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    being one who has scrtaches on there pickup covers, i can understand. But theres big chunks missing from his, like he slaped with a pick axe. Nice bass none the less.
  9. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Alain doesn't even slap on fretless....
  10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Clearly, that is the coolest looking F ever. However...not 20k-cool.
  11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Dudes, I've tried those, dont get them.
    The P has a neck bowed as hell, almost unplayeble, and the fingerboard is thick with grime... ewww... as if someone bnewer cleaned it
    And that jazz was broken to hundreds of pieces and then put together... And the frets were just wanked out, who could've done such a thing :rollno:

12. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I saw that too.
    Also had a nice hearty laugh (needed one of those) when I saw the price. I'm a pretty good Alain Caron fan, but c'mon, Something like $10,000 US?!?!?!?!??
    Someone should bid it up to like 50K just for yucks.
  13. $20,000 canadian???