1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

alan "snoop" evans

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by tieftonservices, Jul 24, 2007.

1. tieftonservices

tieftonservices

May 12, 2007
    Cologne, Germany
    Endorsing Artist: Moollon, Glockenklang, Dunlop/MXR, VoVox, Basswitch
    ...he is the live-bassplayer for fred hammond, what a monsterplayer!
    does anybody have recordings or live-dvd's on that this guy is playing?

check him:

i am also a lot into braylon lacy's playing. i can only get recordings from erykah badu or geno young with him on the bass over here in germany, any suggestions for other recordings/ dvd's?

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Snoop is a real laid back guy. He has gigged with many Gospel pros in Detroit area but you will not find random videos with him. He did hit on a Martha Munizzi performance. But Snoop is a beast on bass and a real nice guy. I haven't seen him on any other videos and the Martha Munizzi performance he did was (not quite sure) for a special event at the Potter's house (Bishop T.D. Jakes). It was on a cable Gospel station earlier this year.

3. jamontap

jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    Is that an MTD he's playing?

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    No. Snoop plays a Warrior 5 string, flamed maple top with birdseye fretboard.

5. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    great player. i got the new Fred Hammond album and it came with a Live DVD of like 5 tracks and Snoop's tearing it up. Nice warrior bass too, cool look and tone.

6. tieftonservices

tieftonservices

May 12, 2007
    Cologne, Germany
    Endorsing Artist: Moollon, Glockenklang, Dunlop/MXR, VoVox, Basswitch
    cool, which hammond album is it? i just have to have it!

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    THe newest one is called Free To Worship. I think the vids are actually just on the CD now that i think of it.

8. puremusic

puremusic

Nov 1, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just left a concert with Snoop playing behind Shana Wilson and it was awesome!!!!!

9. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    These are clips from the Free to Worship DVD/CD. Alan is killing on every track!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

10. You will NOT be disappointed if you purchase this DVD. Fred already has great music, yet his DVD's are ALWAYS better to me. I have every one, and Free To Worship is on regular rotation.

11. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Who was the bass player on Glory to Glory (live video)? The one where Fred is wearing something like a tan colored suit. That guy is nice.

12. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I believe that is Terrance Palmer.

13. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC

+1