Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

alan spenner

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jonas_oxide, Dec 15, 2005.

1. hey all! i dont suppose anyone here knows alan spenner, or how to reach him by chance?

my friend bought a stolen bass in either 1970-71-72 from a puerto rican kid in buffalo who said he scooped it a few weeks before from a band called spooky tooth. he recounted the story to me and said he intended to give it to its rightful owner when he bought it. so... if any of you guys know how to reach this alan spenner guy, please let me know, its make an older guy's day...well...35 years really.
    thanks again,

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I recently heard Alan Spenner died a few years back. I followed his career from Joe Cocker to Roxy Music etc. I really dug his groove and playing, I was bummed he died!

3. now im bummed to learn the same, thanks though. better to find out now than to look for weeks with no results.
    i liked his style too, whats the buzz in jesus christ superstar was awesome

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Alan Spenner died in August of 91

5. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    His playing in Superstar inspired me when I was young, and I found it impossible to duplicate when I did the show myself this year. His great talent is missed.