Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alan wrenches for Fender/Squier type bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MattFreemanRock, Mar 25, 2003.

1. MattFreemanRock

MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    I have the low end squier P bass model, and I lost my alan wrench that it came with. The action is a little high and always has been and now i want to adjust it. Can anyone tell me what size wrench i need? None of the sizes I have fit.

Thanks in advance.

2. MattFreemanRock

MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    LOL. Nevermind. I tried a set of alan wrenches I though i already tried, and it worked. So i guess I thank myself heh.

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    this i KNOW for sure,there are two different kinds of sizes allen wrenches(or keys)american,and metric,most of the basses come with metric sizing cause they are foreign made,like for instance the string height adjustment nut is .50( metric )on a badass 2 bridge,:bassist:

4. MattFreemanRock

MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    The sound on the strings seems alot deeper though. It is almost a dark rumbling but it feels a hell of a lot comfortable. Anything i can do to make the dound better? i checked the inotation and it was fine.