Albey Balgochian's Darryl Jones

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Apr 19, 2004.

1. I don't know much on Albey Balgochian but i know his basses look supurb and he is a very good player and made the signiture bass for Darryl untill he and Darryl approched Lakeland to take over the production.

There's a really nice on, I have never seen one or played one but i guess they are better than Fenders and the Lakelands

Here's a few images

Specs are as follows

Gorgeous SunBurst Finsih
    3AAA Deep Quilted Maple Top
    Rock Maple Neck
    Rosewood Fingerboard
    Bart Jazz PUPS - 3 Band EQ with Slap Contour
    Badass II Bridge
    Schnella Lite Tuners

Anyone had any experience with them and how the compare to high end compition...such as Lull, Sadowsky etc etc
  2. dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    Albey's Basses play like Butta
  3. I have been told that they do0 :) it has a supurb clip on there..bass sound warm and sweet :)...
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Prices are bound to go up as Albey is now playing so much that he no longer is actively building basses.

Around Boston they are pretty common, I'm sure they are pretty rare in other parts of the world.
  5. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    danny morris has two, they're fantastic. One is pretty old, it looks like a p-bass, the other is like that jazz, with a quilt top. They sound just like a high end fender copy should. I've seen them pop up for sale every now and then, i believe the bass palace had one a while ago.
  6. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Albey's basses rock.
    I live in MA. so I've seen a few.
    Well made, play and sound great.
    Have GAS for one of his fretless basses.
    P.S. Albey is one hell of a bassist too.
  7. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Hey!! He copied Nino's headstock! I think he should be sued!

8. cobbster

Sep 11, 2000
    I have an Abass I picked up from Bass Northwest a couple of weeks ago. It is superb. The neck is just like a 62 Jazz I had about 15 years ago. If I could find another one I would try to buy it also.
  9. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Ever heard of 'Foley' (Joseph McCreary) who played 'lead' (piccolo) bass with Miles Davis?
    His nice blue piccolo bass was made for him by Albey.
    You can get a dose of it on the "Miles In Paris" video.