Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Album Covers of My Album... Album

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well, here they are...

thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    or...

[​IMG]

Shucks, I wanted to make this a poll...

well, do you like either?

If not why?

Should I abandon the photo itself, or is it a layout issue?

3. No title at all
    or make it smaller and courier

Glenn

PS- what am I looking at?

4. karmapunk

karmapunk

Jul 15, 2003
    havana
    definately the first one.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I kinda like the no title at all idea.

The picture is a photo I took of a close up of an apple... and as you've probably guessed, photoshop then came into play. :p

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The style font you are using in the second one is WAY overused these days, especially in the emo/indie realm, just so you are aware. I would have to vote for the first one.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    And since I will do anything to avoid being called emo...

scratch the second one... :meh:

I was going more for artsy fartsy even though my album isn't... it's weird/experiemental... but I don't know.

Edit: For everyone's info, the band name/album title is suppose to be dumb ;)

8. Exedore

Exedore

Nov 15, 2002
    Pasadena, Ca, USA
    I'm leaning towards the first one too.
    The no title at all idea is kind of cool too but I think I like having it there better...

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Personally, I'd change the font. The second is way emo, but the first one sorta of seems like the kind of font used by power-pop bands like Lit, and doesn't seem to fit the album cover.

10. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    First one.

Nice cover.

11. ChildoftheKorn

ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    IL
    i love the cover first of all dont go with any title its a nice image way better looking and intresting with damn font in the way heh

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sounds good then, I'll remove the text, and worry about identifying the CD by the title on the side. Cool beans, I'm excited, I've been working on this album on and off for about 2 years and I have just about 80 minutes of music... it's going to be a loooong CD. When I mix everything together (blend tracks etc) I'll have about 75. I'll have to go get the cover and whatnot printed somewhere, I don't have enough ink to make a bunch of them. The local CD store really wants local people to contribute albums, I'll sell a few there, only a few, because I'm not a live band, I'm just... well me at my computer. I couldn't turn this into a live act either, I'd need 3 bassists 2 guitarists 5 keyboard players a drummer that sounded artificial and a vocalist who only "sings" on like two songs. And a lot of songs are just bass, or whatever... I don't know.

13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Do you have any Mp3's available? I'm intrigued.

14. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    in all honesty, i'd do neither. people are going to try and associate the image with text and won't be able to. honestly a dandy "icon" style image with the text would likely make a more palatable and powerful statement than a messed up apple.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Well, I did, then MP3.com crashed. And they were the older songs, so they weren't great. I don't know if anyone will really "like it" but... meh, it's just something I wanted to do. I need to find somewhere else to host some MP3s. The album is really close to completion, I'm blending tracks together and whatnot now, then I'll just need to take care of the album cover/back/liner notes. And some stickers to stick on CD-Rs

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ha, well said. I understand what your saying, but remeber... I'm being artsy. :meh: :p

I still plan on throwing around a few more ideas, I was going to last night, but alas, my neighbors house caught on fire. :eek: That was an ordeal, came close to catching onto my house, and we don't have any insurance. I would have grabbed my basses and CDs and just hauled ass, then would have been stuck with nothing. Needless to say, I'm looking into renter's insurance. /off topic.

17. i like the first, but the image smacks of led zep 1 [or 2? 3? the one with the damn hindenberg on it!]