1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Album suggestions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Truktek2, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Truktek2

Truktek2

Sep 5, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Ok, so after a 15 year bass playing hiatus, I went into my closet and pulled out my bass and amp and decided to start playing again. (only to drown out the screams of a 3 and 1 year old and to escape the realities of being an actual adult:)) I went through all my old albums (albums? am i showing my age?) And I found some great stuff that most bass players are into. Chili peppers, Marcus Miller, Jaco etc..., and since I need a little inspiration I wanted to know what are your 5 top bass albums that you could never part with? please respond quickly as I need to get to the record store before my wife starts rolling her eyes...( she suggested Bon Jovi by the way) :(

2. Off the top of my head, some albums with good bass presence:

Stanley Clarke- School Days
    Faith No More- Angel Dust
    King's X- Dogman
    Tool- Lateralus
    Mr. Bungle- Mr. Bungle

3. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Sleep's "Holy Mountain". :D

4. Most of the bands I list you could pretty much pick out any album but here are a few of my personal faves. I am a rock guy so you are going to get mainly rock albums from me. They are all older albums but if it works it works.

Iron Maiden - 7th Son of a 7th Son - I love Maiden so almost any album by them but this album has very killer bass lines. IMO this is Maiden at its finest.

Red Hot Chili peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic - earlier Peppers can find Flea even funkier but this album IMO is where the Peppers really started to define themselves

Rush - Different Stages - a live album from the 90s that includes a live show at the Hammersmith Odeon from the Farewell to Kings tour. The Farewell show is so raw sounding it's like you are there.

Motorhead - Ace of Spades - Lemmy plays almost like a rhythm guitarist so while he may not be complicated it's a different take on how to play bass

Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Souls for Rock 'N' Roll - Geezer

I know you asked for 5 but as a bonus:

Parliament - Mothership Connection - it's Bootsy Baby! Now I don't have funky bone in my body and couldn't play it to save my life but I love listening to Bootsy!