1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Albums that have the same audio quality as the brown album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Blown Cone, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Blown Cone

Blown Cone

May 14, 2008
    Vancouver
    I discovered primus a long time ago. I've know about them since I was about eight years old (they did a song for a beavis and butthead compilation).

I picked up the Brown Album one year ago, and still can crank it, and it still sounds so awesome. However, I'm not looking specifically for more Primus, I can do that myself.

Are there any artists that have this same ecessively fuzzy, grungy (besides nirvana, smashing pumpkins, soundgarden, pearl jam) recordings? This music sounds better and better the louder you play it!

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think the Brown Album was just an attempt at sounding raw and garagey. There are tons of bands who attempt a more raw, old school tonality. I guess a cool example in my book would be Witchcraft's first album:

In spite of it's tonality, released in 2006. They didn't use any recording equipment/musical equipment from beyond the 60s. (Maybe 70s)

3. KsToaDangr

KsToaDangr Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    The MC5 - Kick Out The Jams