Alcohol, the new cocain?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    We used to do something very similar to that ages ago when you had shots of Sambucca you would drink it, cover the shot glass with your hand, stick a straw through your fingers and inhale the fumes left in the glass. (it works with just about any high alcohol spirit).

The novelty wore off :)
  2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    "A new craze in Britain for inhaling alcohol was today attacked by medical experts as a potential danger that could cause brain damage."

"...possibly lead to dementia in the long term."

..didn't they say that about taking alcohol the good ol' fashioned way too? ;)

Ah, I noticed a problem; Fair enough if it's some trendy git dissolving their brain tissue but when it comes to this it's a different story:
    "..people may also be able to inhale alcohol for 20 minutes, get drunk, drive and still be able to pass a police breathalyser test as alcohol levels in the blood remained very low."
  3. What ever happened to going out and having a few beers? :confused:

Is there anything else new under the sun? :rolleyes:

4. I'm with you, Mike. I'm a beer lover, not only for the effect, I love the taste, and the simple satisfaction of drinking a beer. Drinking for the sake of being drunk is kind of childish, IMO.

Cheers guys!
  5. Meh, different strokes different folks. Some people may think its fun to do or more effective than drinking, but I think I will stick to drinking it.
  6. WORD, DAVE!

Also, what ever happened to conversation? One can go into a bar/pub and actually talk to someone you've never met before.

Doomed. This reality show/speed dating generation is doomed I tell you! :bawl:

(Secretly, I don't care! :D )

Mike :D

7. +1

I enjoy my drink, that is why there are only particular things I drink....those are the ones I like - which is part of the fun.

Definitely wouldn't snort vodka (what's the point wasting something witha nice taste) just to get wasted though....folk'll do anything these days! :meh:
  8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I don't know about your country, Micro, but one of "hot" trends over here in the US these days is "pharming." The little nippers get over-the-counter drugs and extract the "good" stuff, (to use the term loosely).

Often, it's heavy duty cough syrup, and they extract the DMX out of it in their kitchens. Over-the-counter sinus capsules, diet drugs, and other non-prescription meds often have something they want to extract.

Beware of the student who gets an "A" in chemistry class.
  9. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Rick, I know a lot of people like that at my college. The interesting thing is all of the ones who "pharm" as you put it are very, very smart! They must know what they're doing to their I wonder why they do it:confused:
  10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Melf - Getting high has nothing to do with intelligence.

Sometimes, it's just intellectual curiosity.

Sometimes, it's just feels so good that one finds the upsides of the high more important than the downsides.

Sometimes, it makes one feel better about, or temporarily forget, an emotional void in one's life.

Sometimes, it's hereditary (although there's controversy about that one).

Sometimes, it enhances the creative process...temporarily. Fr'instance - I sure liked Aerosmith's music better when they were getting messed up than the wimpy stuff they produced after getting clean.

Even many medical doctors abuse drugs...and they certainly know what it does to them.
  11. some good points there, especially about the intellectual curiosity.

and 90% of the time, if you've made it, its gunna be 90% "safer" than anything your "best" buddy gets off the street.

personally, I've always wanted to try real LSD, and mushrooms.

i know that is only going to cause flames towards me, but it interests me how somehting such as a pill can send me off into a different mental world...

disclaimer: there is a 99% chance that i would not go near any of the above drugs. :)
  12. Hmmm, that's a coincidence.

I like Aerosmith's music better when I was getting buzzed! :meh:
  13. It's things like this that make the world seem that much dimmer.