1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alder + Maple

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J fingaz, May 19, 2011.

1. J fingaz

J fingaz

May 24, 2007
    While i appreciate the nice highs that come with an ash body/maple fretboard bass, i feel it's missing character in the lows and low mids and prefer the full sound and feel of alder body/rosewood fretboard basses. I've AB'd many and can definately hear the difference. Haven't been able to find much info or good sound clips of the alder body/maple fretboard combination. I'm looking to buy a jazz bass and trying to cover as many (basses) as possible. Does it maintain the rich full sound with added sparkle on top? Opinions please. Also any sound clips would be greatly appreciated.

I've searched you tube for clips of the Geddy Lee but haven't been able to find much with a good sound or someone playing a bass like a bass. Thanks