Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teenagebass69, Jan 13, 2004.

1. i recently found of brand of basses called alembic and these basses are crazy (in a good way). Their designs are awesome and they have the greatest sound. THEIR LOGO IS COOL TOO. But i mean these can cost over 10 does somebody go about buying a bass for 10 grand?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    First, you get 10 grand. Then you buy the bass.
  3. mslatter

Apr 8, 2003
    First, get ten thousand dollars...

(thanks, Steve Martin.)

Alembics are wonderful instruments and have been played by a lot of well-known bassists. They've been around since the early 70's. Players include Stanley Clarke, John Entwistle, John Paul Jones, and a host of others. I have a woody for one since 1980, but have never owned one.

Keep an eye on eBay or (better, since there have been fakes on eBay) a reputable used instrument dealer. Some models can be had for under $1500.
  4. Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001

Alembic Discussion Board
  5. I love mine, but IMHO, just as happy with a Ken Smith or Sadowsky.... mmmmm Sadowsky!:)

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    You don't need $10K for an Alembic. There are always used ones floating around for MUCH less. The also have other models which can be had for around $1000. Keep an eye out.
  7. I've personally always thought Alembic basses sound and play like junk. I have played 10 or more over the years. I am a huge Stanley Clarke fan, but I have always thought his tone was junk as well.
  8. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I had some Dom Perignon to celebrate the new year and it also tasted like junk.:D
  9. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Well I once played an Alembic and it was awesome and so I bought it.
  10. haha im only 16 so i cant just buy basses at will...although id like to