1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alembic CL St. Louis

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Disco Batman, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Not sure if I should go get this. Not interested in owning one, but if I could flip it for a profit might be worthwhile. What do you guys think.

Or if anyone is St. Louis local and wants to go after it, here it is.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1959406792.html

2. ojo

ojo Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    Great deal. You could probably flip it for a grand w/o too much trouble. I love my Epic, and paid a bit more for mine. It's a nice bass, though it may not be for everyone. If you're so inclined, this is a cheap way to get into Alembics. You can easily swap out the treble/bass controls for a lowpass/Q switch . . .

3. Krispy

Krispy

May 21, 2007
    NJ USA
    Have you ever played one? You might be surprised how much instrument you have for $800. Easy enough to flip if you don't fall in love, but beware.....they have a strange allure like a hot Latin woman. ;)

I never thought I'd be a an Alembic owner either but an hour in a closed room might change your mind. It changed mine a long time ago.

I'd jump on it before it leaves.

4. ojo

ojo Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    Totally agree with Krispy. I will never forget that first hour in the store with the Alembic. It was the most compelling bass I had ever played in my life, for 45 minutes I sat there thinking about what I had to sell to fund the Epic. Later, I ended up buying a warmoth with a East-Meets-West Alembic setup, and I wouldn't be surprised if I own a series instrument some time in my life.

Clarity of tone. That's why I keep coming back to the Alembic.

5. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I'm not an Alembic person myself, but it is a fine instrument. You can get your money back and more if you aren't happy with it and are able to float/invest the 800 bucks.

6. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius

Aug 14, 2006
    St. Louis
    Crap! I check CL everyday. How did I miss this? I didn't even see the ad but an Alembic for $800 I would have bought unseen.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021