Alembic doubleneck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oysterman, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I'm breaking a cold sweat when I think of how much this one must have cost the customer. Or was it just built for an exhibition? How many of these are there? This is the first one I've seen:

2. they have atleast one other on their website but it's a four string fretted and six string fretless and i've seen it in person and it weighs a ton in case you didn't know with ebony neck lamanants
  3. Berme

May 11, 2001
    i think the nicest doublenecked bass i´ve seen is John Turner's Conklin 7 string fretted/7 string fretless. That custom Melted Top is just unequalled. I can´t imagine how much could that monster cost. JT, put some pics, please!;)
  4. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

If you liked that one, you'll love the one posted at this link:

It belongs to a guy in Germany who is active on the Alembic Club on Yahoo (my other favorite forum). The link I added gives a lot of detail on the build of this instrument. To answer the questions you had above, it had a RETAIL list of $27,000 and weighs 21 lbs.

I know there are a few more floating around in the hands of happy customers.

btw, while you're at the link, you should check out some of the other customs, most of which were made to customer specs, not just for show.
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you're my command :D

6. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    While we are on the subject of multiple necks, here is Chris Squire's triple neck bass made by Wal from his website ... JT, maybe a triple neck 21 stringer... :)

7. Berme

May 11, 2001
    that triplenecked is a six string guitar/ four string fretted bass/ four string fretless bass, doesn´t it?
  8. what ever it is i think it looks disgusting and looks like it was built in someone's back yard
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Ain't no slapping or popping getting done on that Alembic.
  10. I live in CT and there used to be an Alembic Double neck, "DRAGON" as its was called, in a classified magizne and the seller wanted 10,000 dollars for it. I know I never bought it or ever could for that matter but I believe that is the bass you have there.

Enjoy it for the rest of us.
  11. That's one of the nicest doublenecks i've seen. It just loads me up with GAS. The only other Double neck i've seen that hangs me up like that has to be JT's.