1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Alembic Essence 4 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Robert Gross, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Robert Gross

Robert Gross

May 23, 2018
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my Alembic Essence 4-string. I am the original owner. It is from the early 1990s (I believe 1991). It is in excellent original condition. The only thing I changed was adding Schaller strap locks. I have the original strap buttons somewhere, but I can't find them right now. If they turn up, I'll include them with the sale. I just sent the bass to my local luthier (who is a certified Alembic luthier) to be shined up and checked out. Everything works perfect, brand new strings. There is the typical belt scratches in the finish on the back - I tried to show it in the photos. Beautiful Maple top. Very light weight, maybe 8.5lbs if that??
    The bass will ship with a crappy, falling apart Warwick gig bag. It will most likely ship from MTD Basses (the folks at Michael Tobias Designs are near me and are friends, I'll have it boxed and shipped there).

Price is $1950 + shipping. I'm in Southern California. You can also pick up, or I can meet at a reasonable distance. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    nbsipics likes this.
  2. wow wow wow I love this bass !!!! long shot....any trade interest ?

3. Robert Gross

Robert Gross

May 23, 2018
    Sorry, no trades.

4. PaulCISSA

PaulCISSA Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Northest New Jersey
    Beautiful Hippy Sandwich. 1991 on your S/N. A beautiful top cap on that and typically dark black ebony. Anyone considering owning an Alembic would do well with this and a great price too. I’m a big fan of the Essence body and yours is a wonderful example.

GLWTS!

5. Robert Gross

Robert Gross

May 23, 2018
    Thanks PaulCISSA. It's been a fantastic bass for me. If it sits here for more than two weeks, I'll probably pull it off and keep it. I talked myself into letting it go, and now I'm talking myself into letting it stay!