1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Alembic Essence unlined fretless 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbeck47, Feb 23, 2017.

1. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Price:
    $1625
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    SALE PENDING
    I’m not playing this fretless Alembic Essence often enough, so I’m offering it for sale. Made in 2004, I’m the second owner of this beauty with walnut top, mahogany body, maple-walnut neck, ebony unlined board (with side dots) and original hard case. Although the case shows wear and the middle latch doesn’t close, it serves its purpose. The bass is currently strung with flats, but earlier in its life it had half-rounds on and there are some wear marks on the board. There is some corrosion on the hardware, but everything works just fine. As can be seen in the pics, a cap is missing on one of the tuners (doesn’t affect the bass, just cosmetic). To replace this, Alembic told me I’d need to purchase the complete tuner, so I passed. Anyway, this is a great sounding example of Alembic’s high quality instruments. Weighs about 9 lbs. – can get a precise weight if someone needs it. I just don’t have a good scale. Smoke-free, pet-free home. Will sell and ship in the CONUS, insured, for $1,625. No trades, please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Fred312b, Khronic and Twocan like this.
  2. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Great seller folks. I still have your old Epic 4 and love it :)

groovelope and rbeck47 like this.
  3. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Glad to hear about the Epic. Thanks!

Twocan likes this.
  4. Varlam

Varlam

Jan 20, 2017
    Metro Detroit
    Lovely dark walnut on this example here.
    I looked up the specs after seeing this post. I like the controls of the Essence, but it doesn't have a passive mode option?
    Or maybe someone can chime in if they know if this model may do well with flat nylon or tapewounds.

5. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    No passive option. I'm not an active fan, but this works for me. It's not too much in your face. I would think tape wounds would work great.

Lord Andrew likes this.
  6. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Is the switch an Q-boost?

Original equipment?

2 or 3 position?

Very pretty walnut on this one! :thumbsup:

7. CaseyVancouver

CaseyVancouver

Nov 4, 2012