1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alembic F-2B Preamp Tubes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by corvettedcg, Sep 25, 2017.

1. After trying a number of NOS 12AX7 tubes (Mullard, Amperex, Telefunken, Sylvania and RCA) that I’ve amassed from tube collecting for my guitar amps, I’ve settled on a NOS RCA 12AX7 in Channel 1 of my Alembic F-2B, and a NOS Mullard ECC83 (i63 version) in Channel 2. Although the RCA is probably the “proper” tube for the Alembic as it’s the OEM tube in vintage Fender amps and the Alembic is a copy of a Fender pre, I’m finding I’ve been plugging into Channel 2 lately and digging the Mullard vibe. For those that are running an Alembic F-2B, what tubes are you using?

(AVRI ‘58 P Bass -> Alembic F-2B -> Rumble 350 (power amp only) -> two Ampeg SVT-15 cabs)

Attached Files:

2. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Mind if I ask what you are hearing as a difference between the 2 channels set up that way?