1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

alembic fx1 or demeter vtp 201s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MAISKESO, Jun 6, 2007.

1. i need your opinion on these two preamp which is which in every area of sound lows and highs
    thanks

2. Mad Tango

Mad Tango Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Pearland, Tx.
    I had both of these and they are good. The Demeter pre design is in the orginal Eden amp, in which I had. I traded it to my friend(to get my old jazz back) and it is at my house right now in fact as I am babysitting it. I played on the Eden w/Demeter pre in last Sunday in Church and it sounded great. Both amps have a good tube based sound. The FX-1 is a bit fatter sounding, but is non-aggresive sounding in the mids. The Demeter is just a tad more Hifi and has a very controlled, but not super deep by itself. However; I played on the Eden w/my fav pedal the Hartke Attack. This pedal w/ harmonics and mix at @ 10:00oclock and the shape freq, @ max. makes amps sound even warmer and more aggresive when needed. The Demeter w/out my pedal sounds alright. I wish I could of heard the FX1 w/Hartke pedal to help the mids.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021