Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alembic in Baghdad

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by abngourmet, Feb 4, 2006.

1. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Here's a few pics of me with an Alembic Essence I picked up off of Ebay and had shipped here. I'm standing in front of the Presidential Palace in Baghdad. The inscription in the one picture reads:

Top line, right to left: "Well never find a hero like you [referring to Saddam]."
    Middle line, right to left: "You [Saddam] build and advance Iraq from the beginning to the end."
    Bottom line, right to left: "Saddam, you are Iraq and you light every house in Iraq."

The other pics are in front of one of the wings to the Palace that Saddam had added after the first Gulf War to celebrate his "victory."

Alan

Attached Files:

2. abngourmet

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    One more .....

Attached Files:

3. Abngourmet,

That is just awesome! Great looking bass! Stay safe out there keep head on a swivel!!! Hope you are coming home soon!

Take care...stay safe.

Semper Fi
    Big Ce a SSgt of Marines (Active Duty) stationed in New York

4. Nice bass! HOw much did you pay. They look daft on me sadly, very small.

Prefer the one as your avatar tho...:)

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Very cool, Thanks for your service snd keep thumpin the low end off of Al Quada!

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Cool bass, enjoy.
    Also wanted to say thanks for your service. Those of us here at home really do appreciate it.:bassist:

7. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    YOU are a hero man. Thank you for what you are doing. Stay safe.

8. Very cool, Rock'n in Iraq. :bassist:

+1

9. Hang in there bro. We think you guys are doing a great job and we are so fortunate to have quality Americans like yourself that have the stones to make this country what it is. Did all my time on carriers, and I don't envy anyone who faces RPGs and AKs daily. Hope you find kevlar a case for your new baby.

Semper Fidelis = Always Faithful

Love'ya man,
    Josh

P.S. Need anything?

10. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Take care over there. Nice bass.

11. abngourmet

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    PM me and I'll let you know how much I paid.

12. abngourmet

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Josh,

I'm doing fine for right now, thanks. My in laws send me care packages on a fairly regular basis, so what I can't get through the Army they usually get for me. I do appreciate the offer, though.

Thanks,

alan

13. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    ...From an old 97B....Keep up the great work! You have no idea how much what you are doing is appreciated! Just PLEASE!!!! Keep that bass (and yourself) away from any RPGs!!!!

Come home soon!

14. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Great looking bass! thankyou for your service to our country.
    Keep your head down....

15. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I still want to know why they let a guy like you have that tactical sidearm rig.

:D

Jack

16. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    Very nice bass, I love the color.

Thanks for fighting for us over there in Iraq.
    Hopefully George Bush will let you and the rest of the troops come home soon.

17. Great pictures abngourmet and a really cool post. Thank you for your service, stay safe, and God Bless.

18. Still pm if I can do anything!!!!

19. +++++++1 on both points
    stay safe

20. Hey Alan, congradulations. Its a great looking bass, one of the only ones in that body style that I can really dig:bassist: As well on a congradulations on the rest of your alembic collection, I hope they serve you well.