1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alembic, is it new or not??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
  2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It looks new enough to me, I don't see any major wear and tear...or any at all!

3. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    If you are not a retailer for a particular brand, you technically cannot sell something as "new". There are typically warranties implied in most states when something is sold as "new". Therefore, list it as "used" even if it has not "been used".

4. theres absolutely no thumb rash above the pups which is usually the most worn place besides the back (which also looks imaculate)

i'd say its new enough to be considered brand new (obviously someone had to have played it at some point, so it cant be really brand new)

:hijack:
    i always was under the impression that Alembics were 5 figure instruments, or at least close to it. is it because this one is new that it went for so relatively low or is the Alembic hype dying down?

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Alembics take a major hit on resale. Most high end basses do, but Alembics are among the worst.

If you custom order a new Alembic, you better hope that you love it. If you don't, selling it is going to be very painful.

6. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    SO TRUE....and why is that??? they are solid instruments...just as solid as any other out there:meh: I have come to the conclusion that they are just OVERPRICED.:meh: but thats just me:bag:

7. well i can see why resale on a fully custom job would take a hit. theres a smaller chance that theres someone out there that wants the bass exactly like you ordered it with the means and desire to buy yours from you at the same time your selling it.

that makes sense, i guess thats why i thought they were all so expensive, cause i'd never looked into resale