Alembic Mark King 5-string Custom

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by shakeyeraz, Oct 1, 2004.

1. shakeyeraz

Aug 25, 2002
    Selling my pristine Alembic Mark King Standard 5-string bass with a custom Triple-Omega body. I ordered this late in 2003 and took delivery in January of this year. This is a neck-through bass with a gorgeous Maple top. Note that this is a Triple-O body style, modified by moving the upper and lower Omegas (this sits comfortably in your lap) and putting a 'heart' Omega at the bridge end. This bass is a 'head-turner' for sure. The sound is pure and clear. If you're like me and like bass body styles that are not mainstream, then this bass is worth your consideration.

Here are the details:
    Right handed
    34" scale
    Maple Neck, Walnut Pinstripes
    Ebony fingerboard, Fretted
    MOP ovals
    3A Quilt Maple top laminate
    Mahogany body
    Poly Clear Gloss
    Bronze Logo and Script
    Bridge Block
    Bird Tailpiece
    Brass hardware
    Gold Alembic Gotoh machine heads
    Gold strap locks
    Signature electronics
    Side mounted jack
    Hard shell Case

This bass has no scratches, dings, etc – it is in as-new condition. I am selling it as I needed (an dhave since purchased) a 6-string bass because I am playing completely different music that I was back when I ordered this bass. This is a regrettable sale for me but perhaps lucky for you.
    9 months ago it was $4200 new, I'm asking $3400 + $40 shipping. email me with any questions or for additional pix.