Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alembic Orion 6 bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Is there a model like this? Does anyone have one? It is possible to get the same Orion headstock or would they have to change that when making it a 6 string bass?

2. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    I would ask this to the folks at Alembic, they can give you the best answer (www.alembic.com)
    As an Alembic owner, I can pretty much say they would make a bass almost anyway you want.....

3. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Yeah thanks I contacted them and they said all is cool. But I was wanderin what orion players thought or if anyone has one?

4. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    I've owned an Orion 6 for 3 1/2 years. It's become my main axe. I also own a Kubicki Ex-Factor that I use on funk gigs that require more slappin'. The tone is great thoughout the whole range of the bass.

Wally

5. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Wally tell me more bro. How about a pic? What woods do you have? You have great action and spacing? You had any problems with the neck or anything? Thanks

6. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    The action is great, plays easy. I like the wider string spacing, don't like some of the tighter sixes. Not sure how to upload a jpeg here.

Wally