Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alembic Orion vs Epic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RoosterRusek, Sep 2, 2005.

1. RoosterRusek

RoosterRusek

Dec 13, 2002
    Atlanta, Ga
    OK folks, I am considering some Alembic's I have seen on EBay. I have only played an Epic, but there are also some Orion's there too.

Are there any differences between the Orion and the Epic that might help me make a decision on which to shoot for?

Thanks

2. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Hi,
    Most obvoius is the Body shape, I like the looks of the Orion myself ... but keep in mind that you should look at what electronics package is included on any alembic bass you are interested in buying. The Epics and Orions come standard with more traditional Volume/Blend/Bass and Treble controls. They are often (especially if you are looking on ebay) upgraded with a low pass filter and maybe a Q switch which just boosts the peak of the eq you set. Its considered a better setup, (more powerful than the standard bass/treble setup) you can find a TON of info on the Alembic Forum just do a search or post, they are very cool people and will help you out
    http://alembic.com/cgi-bin/alembic-club/discus.cgi
    - Tom

3. RoosterRusek

RoosterRusek

Dec 13, 2002
    Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks for the site, had no idea that existed but I think that they are just what I needed.

Paulie

4. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Im glad that helped you !
    good luck with your new Alembic ... your going to love it.
    - Tom