1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Alembic S1 short scale, 1979. Amazing condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by Clarkybass, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Clarkybass

Clarkybass Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    BGP
    Strings:
    My Location:
    United Kingdom
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    Hi all, with regret I am selling my Series 1 shortie. A combination of financial pressures plus the fact I haven't quite bonded with the bass as much as I had hoped.

Its in amazing condition for a 1979 bass and has the most minor signs of use which require close examination to even spot. The DS-5 power supply has been converted to UK/European voltage which means - together with import duties etc - this is likely to be of greater interest to someone my side of the Atlantic. Comes with original hard case plus regular Series instrument lead and additional stereo-to-mono lead (for battery-powered use without power supply unit).

History from Mica at Alembic:
    top: Walnut
    accent: none
    body: Mahogany
    back: Walnut
    neck: Maple and Purpleheart
    scale: 30.75" short
    fingerboard: Ebony
    peghead veneers: Walnut
    inlays: Mother of pearl
    pickups: SC1 and HX
    controls: "Series I" volume x2, filter x2, Q-switch x2, pickup selector switch, 5-pin and 1/4" stereo outputs
    originally made for: Private individual, San Francisco, CA
    birthday: November 27, 1979

I can send lots of pics if anyone is genuinely interested. There are also archived pics on Reverb (from which I bought the bass this summer) Alembic Short scale bass series 1 1979 Burl Walnut | Owner

I am looking for £4500 delivered within the UK (can be collected from London), or €5,000 delivered to mainland Europe.
    20181228_082912.

2. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Or very near offer

3. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    On hold, pending viewing

4. This bass is 17 days younger than my sister.