Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alembic Series I info...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AlembicKoa, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Hey Folks...

Just wondering if there were any other Series I players out there who want to share some info. I was wondering what different settings, amps, cabs, string y'all like to use. Let me know what's cookin'!!!

For me, I find it difficult to narrow down the settings, as there are several I like to use. Also, depending on the song, I find myself going to some "presets", or adjustments I lean towards. The main three are my "Alembic" tone, and the other two that lean towards the "Fender" tones, both J and P. I also find that when using both pickups with the volumes set evenly in the "Alembic" mode, by muting with the edge of my palm and playing with my thumb, I get a great "upright" tone. The beauty of the Series electronics (thank you, Ron) is that they can cover any bass, at least to my ear, and give you a more variable sound base than any other bass I have tried.

I have used many strings...D'Adarrio XL and Slow Wound, Dean Markley Fretmaster, Thomastic Jazz Flat and Round, DR Lowrider, and currently my favorite, Thomastic Power Bright. I use an Alembic F1-X with my power supply, powered by a Stewart 1.2 through an SWR Goliath III.

Pics of my bass are here...

http://home.pacbell.net/sjsalem/index.html

Any other folks out there?

Regards...
    Steve