1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alembic Series I info...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AlembicKoa, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Hey Folks...

Just wondering if there were any other Series I players out there who want to share some info. I was wondering what different settings, amps, cabs, string y'all like to use. Let me know what's cookin'!!!

For me, I find it difficult to narrow down the settings, as there are several I like to use. Also, depending on the song, I find myself going to some "presets", or adjustments I lean towards. The main three are my "Alembic" tone, and the other two that lean towards the "Fender" tones, both J and P. I also find that when using both pickups with the volumes set evenly in the "Alembic" mode, by muting with the edge of my palm and playing with my thumb, I get a great "upright" tone. The beauty of the Series electronics (thank you, Ron) is that they can cover any bass, at least to my ear, and give you a more variable sound base than any other bass I have tried.

I have used many strings...D'Adarrio XL and Slow Wound, Dean Markley Fretmaster, Thomastic Jazz Flat and Round, DR Lowrider, and currently my favorite, Thomastic Power Bright. I use an Alembic F1-X with my power supply, powered by a Stewart 1.2 through an SWR Goliath III.

Pics of my bass are here...

http://home.pacbell.net/sjsalem/index.html

Any other folks out there?

Regards...
    Steve