Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alembic SF-2 manual pdf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mdrdvp, Jan 7, 2005.

1. mdrdvp

mdrdvp

Nov 8, 2004
    Netherlands
    Is there anybody out there who has an Alembic sf-2 manual in pdf format? This question has been asked before but since the server update, old attachments are deleted.

Thanks,
    Manfred

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    nope but you can pm me if you have specific questions or if you want a good rundown of how to use it. i had one for a long time and had to sell it to Boo because i had money issues. (man i miss that thing)

3. mdrdvp

mdrdvp

Nov 8, 2004
    Netherlands
    Sounds familiar. The one I’m using right now is my second. I sold the first one because I thought I could do without it but it does so much more to my sound. I really love this thing. Currently I’m using it in the effect loop of my Glockenklang Heart Rock amp.
    Effect send to ch. A in, A out to ch B in and out to effect return (in stereo mode)
    I like to have the manual just to see if there are things/settings I could different than the way I’m using it now. I can also ask Alembic to send me a copy but a pdf version would be handy.
    Manfred

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i preferred to use it in mono mode as using it in stereo and linking the channels can be a bit funky.
    In mono mode you plug into channel a's input, and out of channel b's output. Channel a's gain acts as the input gain for the whole thing, and channel b's gain acts as the level of the unfiltered signal. by adjusting the volume of the original signal and the volume of the two filters you can mix the three sounds to tast, but the filters don't interact with one another. I usually kept channel b's input gain (original signal) all the way up and then dialed in however much of the filters i wanted. Most of the time i would use one as a high pass filter with the damping ratio to the lowest and the frequency set at about 120 hZ. This really tightened up the sound. I used the 2nd channel as a low pass filter sometimes with a moderate damping ratio, or more commonly, i'd use it as a band pass filter with a low damping ratio and the freqency around 80 Hz. Using the band pass and high pass together let me cut out the muddy low end, but let me boost a bit of the bass frequency range that still sounded tight and controlled.

5. mdrdvp

mdrdvp

Nov 8, 2004
    Netherlands
    Great, these are the things I'm looking for. Getting answers without asking and knowing the question. At a certain point you got stuck in the "safe" sound and settings you are always using. I want to try something else. Thanks.

6. Rogue5

Rogue5

Feb 22, 2013
    Indianapolis