Alembic SF-2 Superfilter for sale. EXC Cond.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ookiedukes, Jun 23, 2005.

1. I need to raise a little cash. SOLD

It was racked, in exc. cond., comes with power supply, and manual. no issues.

The first $365. takes it.

That includes shipping, to the lower 48 states.

Paypal preferred, Money Order's ok.

Attached Files:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    super cool unit. i miss mine. if i wasnt so broke i'd buy it.
  3. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    Can someone remind me what exactly a superfilter IS? Is it an EQ? A parametric EQ? A filter?
  4. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I can't remember exactly how it works either but if I had the money to spare I'd buy it to go with my F1-X. Then I'd ask Ivanmike to give me lessons on how to use it.
  5. Bump for new pic's.

Attached Files:

6. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    The SF-2 is for many the ultimate tone shaper. Basically, it is the Alembic "Q" system on steroids. You have two channels which can adjust to be either high pass, low pass, or band bass. What this means is you can set it to allow only high frequencies to pass through the signal chain, low frequencies to do the same, etc. Band pass rejects both high and low frequency tones leaving a peak centered around the corner frequency, which basically is where frequencies above and below this point are attenuated +- 6dB.

Think of the SF-2 like you would an oil filter on your car. It filters out unwanted particles or dirt, etc., in your oil. The SF-2 does the same thing. It filters out those frequencies you do not want to replicate in your tone.

I have one, and I can't recommend it enough. They make any bass sound better. I got mine, hooked it up, plugged in my Rick 4001, and the tone made me think that Chris Squire had just walked in the room (not my playing, mind you, but the tone!). These things are a steal at any price. Pick one up and you won't be sorry.
  7. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    And Trip Wamsley swears by 'em.

Well, that is, if Trip ever swore. :)
  8. This item has been Sold. :hyper:
    Thank you,