1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Alembic Spoiler Bass - Bird's Eye Maple!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Colonel Monk, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    For Sale: 1984 Alembic Spoiler Bass in Great Condition

Howdy. I have owned this beautiful bass since 1996. I love it, and always have, but it's time for us to part so that someone else can enjoy it.

The bass top and headstock are premium bird's eye maple which you do not see very often due to it's expense and rarity.

Body of the bass is mahogany. Thru neck is maple, and the fingerboard is ebony with mother of pearl accents.

The bass sports all of Alembic's cutting edge innovations:
    • twin truss rods
    • adjustable brass nut
    • fully adjustable brass saddle and signature alembic bridge
    • Alembic HIFI active electronics, featuring tone, volume, pickup selector, and Hi-Q switch.
    The neck is a 32" medium scale.

The tonal variety with the Alembic is pretty amazing. It will pretty much cop any tone, from low down and deep to sizzling HiFi top end for jazz soloing.... It's everything that Alembic's are known for.

The thru neck has excellent sustain. You can feel it vibrate in your hands. Neck and fretwire in excellent condition. There are no dings or dents in the frets which are polished mirror smooth. Like Butter, for sure. Two full octaves, 24 frets. Rear of neck is smooth also, with no imperfections. Brand new strings.

The condition, as stated above, is great. It's always been treated carefully. Like all 30 year old instruments, it has a few dings, these are all detailed in the photographs but don't worry, it's looks great on stage and is meant to be played - it's a real shame to have one of these and not play it.

I will accept payment via PayPal or USPS Money Order, the latter is preferred but not required.

$1500 - Price includes shipping to lower 48, if you live in AK or HI no problem, but there will be a small surcharge.

Thanks for looking, check out all the pics below.

6DB40589-1C9B-48BC-A456-E9D483358B06.

http://s247.photobucket.com/user/ColonelMonk/library/For Sale/Alembic

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. rj1972

rj1972

Nov 17, 2008
    Massapequa Park NY
    D'addario Endorsee, Tom Clement Bass Endorsee
    Trades?

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    That's a very pretty bass you have there. I'm using my phone app and I don't see a price listed. Is it me or is it you?

4. No trades please, cash only at this time.

I added the price to the body of the message - I had not added it there because the new forum asks you to put it in the "price box"....

Thanks!

5. bump for one of my favorite alembic models

6. gearHed289

gearHed289

Sep 11, 2008
    Chicago area
    Head of design and sales, MT Case Co.
    Very pretty bass. I really want something with a darker wood top, but this is tempting! Are the strap buttons recessed into the body or something?

7. Boba Fretless

Boba Fretless

Jan 30, 2014
    Guam USA
    Greetings, I'm really interested in this Spoiler. Hopefully if you still haven't sold this bass by mid July I'll be able to purchase this from you. Ultra Bump on this Beauty!!!

8. Howdy GearHed

No, they just weren't installed when I took the pictures.... I had a set of strap locks on there and wanted to keep them. There is a set of brass tone buttons on there now.

Pictures were taken in the morning light, I was trying to get the grain to stand out. I hear ya, so many beauties, so little time and room! PM me if you're interested!!

9. Thanks Boba! I've been trying to convince myself to let it go for a really long time. Don't want to sell, but I'm not a "collector".... It deserves to be played more. I really hope I don't have it mid July but you never know!

10. Boba Fretless

Boba Fretless

Jan 30, 2014
    Guam USA
    Right on Colonel!!! I love playing bass and yes I'm a collector! I'm pretty sure there are others that have their eyes on this Beauty but come July if you still have this "bounty" still up for grabs, I'll just have to collect!! Good luck...

11. 707hippie

707hippie

Jan 13, 2013
    Is there a sound sample colonel ?

12. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    That's a great price! And if it didn't sell by now it means that the market is totally dead.

13. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Please check your pm.

14. SOLD!! to M5Yates.

Thanks for looking everyone.