Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

alembic spoiler

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chimaera1982, Nov 13, 2004.

1. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    Does anyone have a pic of this bass? any comments about it
    ? A person here is selling one an 87 alembic spoiler. The 32 scale one.

2. Google image search comes up with a few results.

[​IMG]

Nice lookin bass...i always digged that style...i wonder why they discontinued it.

3. alembic76407

alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Alembic did not discontinue the Spoiler,and they will be more than happy to build you a new one. they just are not in their brochure or their web site. this is a great bass with great electronics. go for it!!

David T

4. Ahh, thanks for clearing that up...still odd however they dont have it up on their site though.

Definitely my fav Alembic design.

5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    David T is correct, Alembic will still build you one if you ask.

All Alembics are different, but basically most Spoilers are a 3 piece maple neckthrough, ebony board, mahogany body with mostly maple tops from the one's I've seen, sometimes birdseye. The hardware is all standard Alembic (ie very nice) and the pickups ore most often a pair of soapbars or a P/J setup. Prefer the SB's myself. The electronics are quite basic for an Alembic with a pickup selector switch, volume and tone, with a Q switch, 2 or 3 position, but I don't remember which.

I'm personally a big fan of the short and medium scale Alembics, superb instruments.

BTW, where are you? If by any chance it's Australia, and you decide not to go through with it, let me know and please put me in touch with the seller as I'd like one.

6. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    I stay in singapore relatively close to OZ, hes asking for 2400 SGD, i think aroung 2200 aussie perhaps? A collector in sing whose thinning the herd. I was looking for a light small bodied bass, tot the spoiler would be it bu when i saw the price he quoted, am sorry but cant afford haiez. But if ur interested can give me a pm or email n i patch u to him,...

7. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Thanks, but the price is way steep, about $A1900. I've seen Distillates go for less.