Alembic style bridges

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, May 13, 2002.

1. Where can I get an alembic style bridge? I think they are just sweet looking, really unique. Thing is, I've never seen them on anything but Alembics. Does anyone make a copy? Would Alembic sell one for a custom one of a kind, hand build bass?

Here's a good picture of the bridge in mind.

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    You can buy the bridge from Alembic but installation requires routing of the bass body because the bridge mounts onto a brass sustain block that is countersunk into the body.
  3. Phil, I live about 50 miles from Santa Rosa, Ca home of Alembic. Would they do the routing and installation for me? Do you have an estimate of how much it will cost?

AllodoX, that bridge looks very similar to the one I want. Can you tell me more about it, like who makes it, where I can get one, how much it costs?

4. Hi ChaosGwar

I suggest you mail Mica Wickersham (General Manager Alembic) directly at

You will get a very quick answer from her. As a happy owner of 2 Alembics, I experienced that those people are very friendly and answer very quickly in a personal way.

Good Luck
  5. Thanks bassmanjr,

Now why didn't I think of that? :D
  6. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Just be prepared to pay major $$$. The stop piece on my Essence is tarnished, plus has the half-moon shape, which makes it impossible to use exposed core strings. Mica quoted me new stop piece (rectangular chunk of brass with 6 holes in it) for $250!

I mean, comon, I can buy a whole BASS with a gig bag for $250.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    But it wouldn't be an Alembic, now would it?

8. Yikes! They're cool, but not THAT cool. Oh well, off to eBay, I've got my eye on a really inexpensive BA II.