Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by petersenbass, Aug 16, 2001.

1. I have an Alembic Epic 4-string. When the pickup blend is COMPLETLY on neck, I get no signal.When I start to turn it toward bridge till I get to all bridge , all I get is full bridge output. Is the problem a bad neck pickup or a bad blend pot or pot connection?

2. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Let me see....
    @100% neck, ther is no signal.
    @98% neck there is ful bridge signal? Or 2% bridge, soing to 100% as you turn?

I'll go for the latter:
    probalby your neck pup is somehow disconnented - check and resolder from pup to blend and see what happens.
    Otherwise, you pup or pot has a broken winding.
    Best way to check is with an ohm-meter. Any high figure will indicate the problem.
  3. When it's 98% neck the bridge output is on full. How do I use the ohm reader for this problem? I can get my hands on one, but I don't know where to put it.

4. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Petersenbass, go to Alembic group on and post your question, Mica reads this group and responds or better still e-mail Alembic for an anwser.
  5. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Asking Alembic is a good idea, I just read up on their special connections.

The problem is probably a faulty pot, or possibly pot connections, as it falls all out at once.

But best ask Mica and the guys.