1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alembis F-2B Repair

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by billfoss, Apr 15, 2010.

1. billfoss

billfoss

Jan 7, 2006
    Az.
    I recently acquired an Alembic F-2B. It's an older model. There is no output from channel A. Channel B is fine as is the M output when Channel B is the input.I'll ship to an actual Alembic repair man.
    Thanks,
    Bill

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    cool

3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Why not phone Alembic at 707.523.2611 and ask if they'll service it?

It doesn't cost much to ship to Northern California.

4. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    f2B's are such a simple (fender) design that any good tech that works on vintage fender amps can repair them easily.

5. billfoss

billfoss

Jan 7, 2006
    Az.
    Hey,
    Thanks for the input and not making light of my typing. ( I say typing because I really can spell : )

6. I took my F-2B to Alembic and sat with Ron Wickersham as he repaired it and told me a little about the history of the shop and the preamp. After, Mika introduced me to her mother and then took me on a tour and showed me some completed basses and told me who they were for. It was a great experience.

Gale