Alert to IL/WI/IN keyboard-loving TBers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Nov 7, 2002.

1. There's a guy in Rockford selling a complete, working original Rhodes Stage 88 for $750. I wanted to get it but my folks wouldn't help me out with it, so I had to pass. Too bad--I've got the phaser and the amplification to satisfy my Steely Dan jones... :D
  2. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow@Stage 88 for $750. That's about £500. Do you know how the condition is? I paid £600 for my Rhodes, and it's just a Stage 73. It is in pretty damn good condition tho - legs (even diagonal supports), pedal, etc.
  3. The guy says that while the cosmetics are lacking--scratches and such--the legs and pedal are in perfect shape, and more importantly the tines and action need no work.
  4. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow. If I were still in the market for a Rhodes, I'd have snapped it up... If I were you Pete, I'd find the money from somewhere and go for it. Rhodes are beautiful instruments.
  5. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    We just secured one for the studio, and a Hammond.

Now I gots ta learn how to play!
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Rockford... so close...

I am so poor it's not even funny, though. I will pass for now. It seems to be a good deal, it's too bad.
  7. Hmm... cool.

I just bought a roland digital piano module (P330 I think) that has a relatively faithful rhodes sound...

I find myself using that patch more than any of the others.

Timeless tone!!!

:D :D