1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alerts to responses to your posts

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Ant Illington, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Banned

Hi. This is a little thing but it would be great if you could add an alert option to the effect of "alert me when someone responds to a thread I started" rather than to the option that includes that but also includes AND "to thread I reply to."

My alert box would be non-stop if I got alerts to every thread that I've replied to.

Thanks,
    Tony

Grumry likes this.
  2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    2 ways that you can do that.

You can choose to not get any alerts, and then just click on "watch thread" for the threads you create.

Or...

You can choose to be alerted on all threads, and then turn off the alerts on threads you didn't start.

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Tony,

Unfortunately the option to split the preference into "my threads" and "all replies" would require custom coding. I would also suggest what Joe said, simply unwatch all threads, disable the alert in your user preferences and then when you create new threads just tick the box to watch them. That way you'll only get alerts about replies your threads.