Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alesis 16 question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Oldie but noobe, Oct 1, 2005.

1. I need to play it through my practice amp. The amp has input for a CD player. How do I get it to work. Do I need another gadget or just the right jacks. It also has effects loup . :help:

Thanks

2. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Are you talking about an Alesis drum machine (eg SR-16)? If so, and it has headphones output, then you need a stereo 1/4" plug to two RCA out cable (assuming the CD in on your practice amp is two RCA sockets??!!). You don't need anything else than the correct cable to connect your drum machine (if that is what it is :) ) to your practice amp. The one thing that might be a small 'problem' is the volume output from the drum machine - just start the volume out at minimum and turn up slowly.

For sure, practicing with a drum machine is more interesting than with a metronome, and you can learn a lot about bass / drums interaction also.

Does this help?

3. Yep it helps. It is the SR-16.

I found wires to hook it up through the CD input.

Thanks.