Alesis 3630 Setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Razor, May 3, 2003.

1. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Anyone tell me how to hook this sucker up?
    I am running my current gig rig like this..
    Bass>Pedal Board>Bass POD Pro>BBE 362>Hartke 7000 head unit

The Alesis has two channels (stereo) but I am running my rig mono. Anyone know how to run the unit into my chain to use both channels or am I just gonna have to run it and only use one side?

Thanks in advance.
  2. I think your gonna have to use just one side, I really can't think of a way to use both sides without going through a x-over of some sort and getting way too complicated for now. I'd put the compressor as the first thing in the signal chain after your bass. That way all your other effects can benefit from the compression process. Go from your bass into the channel 1 input of the compressor. Then come out of the channel 1 output into your next effect in your signal chain. Alesis has some pretty good suggestions on settings for bass. Good Luck
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Personally I would put the compressor after all the effects, but that's just me. So if I had your rig I'd put it right before the hartke. I've never used a BBE so I don't know if the compressor would work better before or after the BBE. There is no single right order to put things in your signal chain. Some guys like it one way some like it another. Just try putting your alesis in different places and see which one you like best. With the two channels of compression you could put each channel in a different place in the signal chain. For example, put one channel before your bass POD and the other channel after the BBE, or something like that. You could also plug the output of one channel directly into the input of the other for some super squash.
  4. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Excellent ideas all around. Thanks very much. I will try all of these suggestions tomorrow to see if this little item makes it into my rig. I actually bought it for the gate feature but I suppose one can always use a little more comp........:D
    Thanks again guys...great help!
  5. I use a BBE 362NR with my stereo compressor.

ALWAYS put the BBE after the compressor.

-->FX---->Compression---->BBE---->Power Amp

Try this and see what you think.
    Here's a Link:
    Bass Compression
  6. GATE! in that case I'd put it after all the effects to squelch any noise your effects add....:D