1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alesis 3632

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by blr2, Jan 23, 2012.

1. blr2

blr2

Apr 21, 2010
    Sofia, EU
    Hi,

Alesis has released a successor to their 3630 rack compressor, the 3632. Has anyone got the chance to try one, and share some thoughts on how it is doing on bass? Have they fixed the noise/artifacts issues the 3630 had?

I searched on the net and here, and didn't find almost anything except a short video review, that mentioned nothing about its use with bass. Bongo hasn't reviewed it yet, so any users...

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The only difference I see is they added an expander/gate function. They would have no motivation to improve anything about the quality of the previous comp/limit design, because it's been such a good seller for them.

Edit: wait a minute, the 3630 had a gate too. I just didn't see it listed among the features on their site.

I bet nothing's changed but the model number and the face-plate layout.

3. blr2

blr2

Apr 21, 2010
    Sofia, EU
  4. blr2

blr2

Apr 21, 2010
    Sofia, EU
    I just got it and I'm happy to report that it is indeed much better than the old one for bass. No clicks, pops or any other artefacts when crossing the threshold. Fairly quiet gain stage too.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    OK, I'll check it out.

6. tumbaobab

tumbaobab

Sep 29, 2003
    Any review, maybe ?