Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alesis Bassfire 60 Mini Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just a quick super mini review. I bought this amp as a "non-factory sealed" special from Music123.com for $144 (w free shipping). BTW, I could not tell it was not factory sealed, it looks like new. It's a 60 watt, 12" speaker combo. Has some really nice built effects, cab and amp modeling, compressor, limiter and tuner which are nice when practicing solo. The tone is ok but I found that the output is pretty weak. It's louder but not way louder than my little Kustom KBA16 (16 watt, 1x8" Celestion speaker). Aside from the volume, it's nice. I don't think it could keep up with a band that's more than moderatly loud.

The other annoying thing I found on it is that it clips with my active bass (LeCompte) unless I lower the volume on the bass and then it's ok. Works fine with my passive basses. They should have put a pad switch on it for active basses. Some of the effects and amp models are a bit noisy, but not overaly so. Again, it's louder and handels a low D and B better than my KBA16 did for practicing with MP3's. It's worth the $144 I paid (free shipping) for it, but that's about it...

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I spent a little more time with it over the weekend. I experimented with more of the amp and the cab models. The amp impressed me more. I can get some really good tone out of it. Another note on the volume, it really does not get real loud until you get past 6 or 7 on the master, then it does a little better than I thought. Music123 still has some of these @ $144 shipped. I still think it's worth that money...