Alesis Bassfire 60 Mini Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just a quick super mini review. I bought this amp as a "non-factory sealed" special from for $144 (w free shipping). BTW, I could not tell it was not factory sealed, it looks like new. It's a 60 watt, 12" speaker combo. Has some really nice built effects, cab and amp modeling, compressor, limiter and tuner which are nice when practicing solo. The tone is ok but I found that the output is pretty weak. It's louder but not way louder than my little Kustom KBA16 (16 watt, 1x8" Celestion speaker). Aside from the volume, it's nice. I don't think it could keep up with a band that's more than moderatly loud.

The other annoying thing I found on it is that it clips with my active bass (LeCompte) unless I lower the volume on the bass and then it's ok. Works fine with my passive basses. They should have put a pad switch on it for active basses. Some of the effects and amp models are a bit noisy, but not overaly so. Again, it's louder and handels a low D and B better than my KBA16 did for practicing with MP3's. It's worth the $144 I paid (free shipping) for it, but that's about it...
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I spent a little more time with it over the weekend. I experimented with more of the amp and the cab models. The amp impressed me more. I can get some really good tone out of it. Another note on the volume, it really does not get real loud until you get past 6 or 7 on the master, then it does a little better than I thought. Music123 still has some of these @ $144 shipped. I still think it's worth that money...