1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alesis JamDock

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by LowDown Hal, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    I just got mine today...so far, using it as a headphone amp while playing along with my Ipod is...well...not great. The amp input volume is LOW and while it does have a seperate control for the input volume it is low even at MAX...plus when it is maxed, you get a little distortion (may be my headphones though) If you attempt to turn down the ipod, the bass input is also turned down...the master volume raises or lowers ALL volume (these should be completely seperated I think). I need to get a better set headphones...maybe that will help.

I hap a Cafe Walter and thought this would be better for what I used it for, playing along to songs in order to learn and practice them. I was wrong. This is yet another lesson of be happy with what you have...:eyebrow::rollno:

2. khanson

khanson

May 7, 2004
    Do you know if the Jampod is compatible with the iPhone 3G?

I believe they take the same cable.

thanks,

Ken

3. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    According to the Box, NO.

iTOUCH (and almost any Dockable ipod), Yes.

iPhone (any), No

4. ynnek991

ynnek991

Feb 2, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Can anyone give me a hint on a device like that this that is actually quality? All the ones I've seen seem to be less than impressive but playing along with my iphone would be a great thing while I'm on the road!