Alesis Nano Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FUNKIESTMUNK, Mar 4, 2001.

Feb 25, 2001
    I been considering buying a reasonably priced compressor, I was wondering if anyone has tried the Alesis NanoCompressor as it is in my price range. If not can anyone recommend a compressor for around £70 ($100)?
  2. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Do you want a rack or a stomp box ?
    I've been looking for a "cheap" bass stomp box compressor for a while and ended buying a Marshall guitar stomp box compressor (called "The COmpressor" ... humility ? ;) ) and it does the trick, at least for slapping in the mid/high range.
    (low B doesn't seem to be really handled).
    It costed me about 50£ (~500 French Francs).
  3. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

The NanoComp is relatively cool.....inserted in mixer channel. For bass it really is not the best deal. There are a lot of compressors out there...some very expensive (look up an Avalon, or a what I mean)
    I have tried, and own a number of compressors...including a couple of nanocomps. For bass (and esp. bass on a budget) here's a tip: ART Levelar. Single channel TUBE compressor. Not a whole lot of bells and whistles or tweakability...but it is as if they designed it for bass. Sounds very fat and warm. I mounted one on my pedal board and use it all the time....even when I do have a $4000.00 tube compressor in my studio. Here's the best can get 'em for about $75.00 new.....
    these are VERY good for bass...try one out.
  4. mark

Apr 7, 2000
    The EBS multicomp will do a much better IMO than the nano compressor. The EBS is far more suited to your application.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    mark -

Please tell me a little more about the EBS. I haven't found one locally. The BP review says it's subtle. How subtle? Is it real effective? Is it noisy? Is it worth $190?
  6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I totally agree! The Art LeVeLAr is great for bass, and for the price, you can't go wrong. I've been using one for the last two months and I love it.