Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alesis Nano Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FUNKIESTMUNK, Mar 4, 2001.

1. FUNKIESTMUNK

FUNKIESTMUNK

Feb 25, 2001
    I been considering buying a reasonably priced compressor, I was wondering if anyone has tried the Alesis NanoCompressor as it is in my price range. If not can anyone recommend a compressor for around £70 ($100)?

2. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Do you want a rack or a stomp box ?
    I've been looking for a "cheap" bass stomp box compressor for a while and ended buying a Marshall guitar stomp box compressor (called "The COmpressor" ... humility ? ;) ) and it does the trick, at least for slapping in the mid/high range.
    (low B doesn't seem to be really handled).
    It costed me about 50£ (~500 French Francs).

3. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

The NanoComp is relatively cool.....inserted in mixer channel. For bass it really is not the best deal. There are a lot of compressors out there...some very expensive (look up an Avalon, or a LA2A....se what I mean)
    I have tried, and own a number of compressors...including a couple of nanocomps. For bass (and esp. bass on a budget) here's a tip: ART Levelar. Single channel TUBE compressor. Not a whole lot of bells and whistles or tweakability...but it is as if they designed it for bass. Sounds very fat and warm. I mounted one on my pedal board and use it all the time....even when I do have a $4000.00 tube compressor in my studio. Here's the best part...you can get 'em for about $75.00 new.....
    these are VERY good for bass...try one out.
    Max

4. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    The EBS multicomp will do a much better IMO than the nano compressor. The EBS is far more suited to your application.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    mark -

Please tell me a little more about the EBS. I haven't found one locally. The BP review says it's subtle. How subtle? Is it real effective? Is it noisy? Is it worth $190?

6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I totally agree! The Art LeVeLAr is great for bass, and for the price, you can't go wrong. I've been using one for the last two months and I love it.