1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alesis NanoCompressor : should I, should I not?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Inconnu, May 17, 2011.

1. I want to experiment with a compressor without breaking the bank. Saw one of these used at a very low price. Read mixed reviews. What do you think?

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Alesis Nanocomp
    I haven't used one but from what I've read I wouldn't pay more than $50 for one. It could work just fine depending on your needs/expectations.

3. I've seen them recently with $50 being on the higher end{craigslist}

4. Those are cool little cheap compressors with the proper controls a compressor should have. Great for learning how to use compression. A little awkward form factor to use as a pedal, best kept racked.

5. My church had one in our PA rack for the pastor's insert channel. It did the job, but was noisy when the compression kicked in, and it just recently took a dive. There are better cheap compressors to get.

6. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    +1 to the above
    Sounds like you are not looking for a pedal unit
    I hate to say it, but a used Behringer rack mount is a great learning tool and works well
    They are around $100 new and 1/2 that on the used market

7. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Good for the money, imo.