Alesis Videotrack

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lowfreq33, May 17, 2012.

1. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Just putting this out there, B&H Photo Video is blowing out the Alesis Videotrack digital video camera for $29.99. I just ordered one, it should arrive on Monday, I'll post a brief review after I try it out.

From all the reviews I read online it sounds like a pretty decent low cost camera for recording rehearsals or gigs for personal use or YouTube. The video is standard definition, same as the Zoom Q3 (not the newer HD version), so the picture will probably be just ok, but acceptable for smaller screens. It gets pretty good reviews on the audio in a live band setting. Any complaints I saw were from people who wanted the mics to be more sensitive in quiet settings, which should make it a decent low cost option for recording loud music. It does have 3 gain settings. Several reviews spoke highly of the audio quality for music, no clipping or distortion, etc. I was actually looking at the Zoom, but even marked down those are $150 for the same resolution, so as long as the audio is decent I think I'll be happy.

Anyone own one of these? How do you like it?

2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    So I said I'd post a review.

After using it for 3 weeks of gigs, I'll say the video is fairly poor quality. 640x480 resolution, doesn't do very well in lower light. But the audio isn't bad. I got the best results recording live music at the medium gain setting. It does have an audio only mode, so for $30 it would be pretty handy for recording rehearsals or shows where the video isn't really important.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021