1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alessandro Basset Hound???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Sep 30, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    has anyone played thru one?

i'm a huge fan of George's guitar amps, and own two of them, but i recently got hip to his Basset Hound bass amp. from a few friends, i heard its pretty nice, and is a great small gig amp.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I saw this when Bass Player reviewed it a couple of years ago and it seemed pretty interesting and they were pretty much drooling over it. I can't remember but I think they said it really shined with uprights. Not absolutely sure about that though (the review doesn't seem to be in their archive).

I remember thinking that it looked pretty cool and I'd like to check it out but that's a whole lotta dough for a head. Didn't put out much power either.

brad cook

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    50'000$ gold chassis upgrade!

AJ

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    lol,

yea, Georgie does offer the "gold" chassis upgrade, but oi bey...

hmm... yea, only does 60 watts, but considering i'm a guitar player, and its similarities to a guitar amp, it seems like it'd be an awesome jazz guitar amp, too. killer tone for both? that's pretty smokin'.

5. I have one and it's awesome and rugged to boot. Mine took a tumble from about eight feet one night and kept on playing. I ought to use it more come to think of it.