Alessandro Basset Hound???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Sep 30, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    has anyone played thru one?

i'm a huge fan of George's guitar amps, and own two of them, but i recently got hip to his Basset Hound bass amp. from a few friends, i heard its pretty nice, and is a great small gig amp.
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I saw this when Bass Player reviewed it a couple of years ago and it seemed pretty interesting and they were pretty much drooling over it. I can't remember but I think they said it really shined with uprights. Not absolutely sure about that though (the review doesn't seem to be in their archive).

I remember thinking that it looked pretty cool and I'd like to check it out but that's a whole lotta dough for a head. Didn't put out much power either.

brad cook
  3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    50'000$ gold chassis upgrade!

4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

yea, Georgie does offer the "gold" chassis upgrade, but oi bey...

hmm... yea, only does 60 watts, but considering i'm a guitar player, and its similarities to a guitar amp, it seems like it'd be an awesome jazz guitar amp, too. killer tone for both? that's pretty smokin'.
  5. I have one and it's awesome and rugged to boot. Mine took a tumble from about eight feet one night and kept on playing. I ought to use it more come to think of it.