1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alex Al videos or clips?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Marcus Miller has always been my main inspiration but lately there is a close second. That's Alex Al.He is an unbelievable bassist.
    I have found a few clips on youtube but nothing that really shows him doing his thing.I know he has played with a million artist there has got to be something out there with him playing.
    I'm surprized how little turns up for him when I do a Google search.
    There is a old thread here about him, but I would like to get his name back in circulation on this board to see if anything new turns up.Any info would be greatly apprecciated.

2. Still looking for Clips or DVDs.Anybody????

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    bump, alex al is highly underrated!!

4. bottomend!

bottomend!

Oct 23, 2007
    here
    I just heard he was the bassist rehearsing for the Michael Jackson tour. Bummer...

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Yes he was.

6. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Here ya go!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

7. I didn't know he was going to do the tour with Michael.That would have been some great music.I wonder if there are any rehearsal recordings floating around.
    I did have the Alex Al Jesus Clip already and I also have the EBS clips but that's all I have.I wonder if there are any clips with jeff Lorber that he plays on.

8. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I was checking out some of the musicians who've played with Jeff Lorber, and found that Alex Al played on Lorber's album Kickin It, which led me to these clips:

Not my favorite style of music, but hey, funky Alex Al grooves abound! Lovin this guys playin!

9. Thanks, I have the CD.I was more looking for video clips.