Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alex Webster

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kingdom Fallen, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Kingdom Fallen

Kingdom Fallen

Jul 10, 2001
    Omaha, NE
    Alright, who here appreciates Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse. It's obvious that he is the most talented member of the band. If you want some examples, listen to Bloodlands or Experiment in Homicide. Personally I find Webster's work amazing.

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m not a fan but he´s really good!

3. He's good but I find Eric Langlois of Cryptopsy a better more technical bassist.

4. I don't know I've heard some live songs and he sounds just as badass matrial on the albums to me proves he is way more technical and blows Webster out the water also the Bassist from Death is badass as well. \m/

5. Kingdom Fallen

Kingdom Fallen

Jul 10, 2001
    Omaha, NE
    I would say that Webster definetely kills Langolis. Langolis is a great bassist, but his stuff just seems to follow the rythm guitar most of the time and never break away except for the Cryptopsy-brand-slap. None the less, he is very technical, but in my opinion, Webster is better.

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    He is definatly (sp?) one of my favorites (WAY up there on my list)...but my favorite is still Robin Graves (COF will never be the same)

7. samoth

samoth

Apr 9, 2001
    France-Le pontet
    Yeah !!! For me it's sure !! Webster is the best bass player in death movement !!! Staring him on stage is wonderfull !!!

He can follow guitars and play something different, he's never limited by technik and guitars riffs.

Definitively the best !

8. I agree! Webster is an absolute monster! And he is incredible live! Also, while I like Robin Graves, I don't think he can be put in the same league as Alex Webster.

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    yeah, Webster kicks - i can't even play half his stuff with a pick, and he uses his fingers! but he does play some pretty ugly sh*t too. that bass break after the intro in "Hammer Smashed Face" makes me cringe every time :oops: