1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ALG graphite bow

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by olivier, Feb 28, 2001.

1. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    I just received a carbon fiber bow from Alain Le Gouic (http://members.aol.com/bassbows/) for a 10 day trial period. This "classic" model is a really fine bow, responsive, has a clear sound. The nicest thing I've tried so far in the 500$ range, cheaper better sounding and better finished than the Carbow models also available here, in France ( I have not tried any Glasser yet). Its the first time I found something better than my (generic) Augagneur in the afore mentioned price range.

2. olivier;
    Are you anywhere near the luthier Patrick Charton?
    St. Etienne

3. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Nope. St-Etienne is a five hour ride from Paris. I've seen the name before, maybe has been featured in Double Bassist ? Does he carry special bows I should try ?

4. No. I tried to contact him by mail, and got no answer. I was trying to get some information on my French bass.

5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Olivier, I'm trying to contact ALG about a bow.

6. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    That link leads to a blank page. Is there a better one that shows anything, a pic, an email link...

az

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Olivier was nice enough to contact the mdirectly for me. They have what I want now i just have to wait for them to get back to me....