Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ALG graphite bow

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by olivier, Feb 28, 2001.

1. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    I just received a carbon fiber bow from Alain Le Gouic (http://members.aol.com/bassbows/) for a 10 day trial period. This "classic" model is a really fine bow, responsive, has a clear sound. The nicest thing I've tried so far in the 500$ range, cheaper better sounding and better finished than the Carbow models also available here, in France ( I have not tried any Glasser yet). Its the first time I found something better than my (generic) Augagneur in the afore mentioned price range.

2. olivier;
    Are you anywhere near the luthier Patrick Charton?
    St. Etienne

3. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Nope. St-Etienne is a five hour ride from Paris. I've seen the name before, maybe has been featured in Double Bassist ? Does he carry special bows I should try ?

4. No. I tried to contact him by mail, and got no answer. I was trying to get some information on my French bass.

5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Olivier, I'm trying to contact ALG about a bow.

6. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    That link leads to a blank page. Is there a better one that shows anything, a pic, an email link...

az

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Olivier was nice enough to contact the mdirectly for me. They have what I want now i just have to wait for them to get back to me....