Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Algebra

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, May 26, 2003.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hey, I was wondering if anybody could point me to a resource on the web that goes into profound depth of Algebra.

Thanks for your help. :)

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yeah, I bet it does if you don't know any. Perhaps you could do yourself a favor and check couple of those addresses yourself, hmm?

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Algebra is easy for me. All math is. I only pay attention the day before the test, so I can just absorb whatever I need. Algebra II is getting more confusing as days go on, but it's almost over.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  5. I failed Alegbra for the year...

I know I suck at it...

no need to remind me.

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Thanks for the links!

I agree though, I dislike Algebra (or any form of math expect meter in music :p ) I need to learn it though, to take SATS next year. (I was in the business circuilum in HS, so the most I had was pre-aleg.)

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Iirc, the primary algebra skills you need are to be able to make equations from word problems, solve systems of equations, and factor. Brush up on your geometry skills, too.

If you want to know exactly what to expect, head on over to www.collegboard.com or a local bookstore and pick up "10 Real SATs." It describes exactly what skills you will need to master AND will give you tons of problems for your practicing pleasure.

Good luck!

8. solve for y:

y = x**2 + 3x + 1/(x+1)

:D :D :D